Friday, April 16, 2010

Everyday that I come home from school, I follow the same routine. This routine consists of eating a snack, talking to my brother, and getting the mail. Every now and then this routine has some surprises in it, things that catch me off guard. When I came home one day and got the mail in the house, I decided to look through the mail. What I saw was a letter that really sparked my interest. This letter was from Autism Speaks, and I found out my mom subscribed to receive letters from this organization. I wanted to find out more about this organization, so I did some research.

I was very impressed with the information I found on the website for this organization. This organization was only found a few years ago, in 2005, but it is the nation's largest autism science and advocacy organization. This is very impressive in my opinion. This organization is dedicated in every aspect to increase awareness of autism, find treatments for it, look for prevention for autism, and so much more. This organization was founded by Suzanna and Bob Wright.

The overall mission for Autism Awareness is "to change the future for all who struggle with autism spectrum disorders". The organization funds many different projects to find research about autism, look for prevention for it, raising awareness of this disorder, and so much more.

I really encourage everyone to check out this website and get involved in all of the great things this organization has to offer!







1 comment: