Thursday, May 13, 2010

Throughout more searching on the internet, I have found yet another great website about autism spectrum disorders. This website is the Autism Society of America and like the other website I have been on in the past it shows research about autism, treatments, provides stories, and even has a way to get involved with their programs. If anyone is interested, they an click here to directly go to the website!

While searching through this website, I found a ton of useful information. One thing that I found really interesting is that the website actually offers a course called Autism 101 to help people gain more knowledge about autism spectrum disorders. The course is said to take about a half hour to complete and after a person completes it they can print off a certificate that shows they completed Autism 101. This online course introduces autism spectrum disorders, describes possible treatments, transition to adulthood for people with these disorders, and provides people with more information and resources to get information on. All that a person needs to do to register for this course is be a member with the Autism Society Web site.

Another thing I thought was very cool about this website is all of the ways a person can become involved in helping to support autism. While on Autism Society of America, I signed up to get a newsletter mailed to me directly about information on everything the website has to offer. A person can also sign up to get e-mail newsletters sent to them on the computer. Signing up was simple and took about two seconds of my time. I encourage everyone to sign up!! You will gain more knowledge about the Autism Society of America and all of the great things a person can get involved in.

Get involved today! I really encourage it, and it is a lot of fun. As each post goes by, I become more and more involved with autism groups and communities. It feels great to be involved in such a good cause!



1 comment:

  1. I think it's really great you're so passionate about this subject! I'm definitely going to check out that website!

    ReplyDelete